Q: Who can enter?
- The awards are open to anyone, individuals, and organisations of all sizes.
- Some categories do have specific criteria which is clearly outlined in the scopes.
Q: Can you only enter if you’re in the UK?
- This year we have 16 categories in total. 15 of these categories are for organisations and individuals based in the UK and Europe.
- If you are outside this area, you can still apply for the International Awards.
Q: Do you have to be a member of the IET?
- No, we welcome innovations from anyone.
Q: Is there a fee to enter the awards?
- If you are submitting after the early bird deadline of the 16 June 2023 you will need to pay an entry fee of £199 +VAT per entry. Each innovation can be entered into a maximum of three categories and the fee will be applicable for each category entered.
Q: Can I enter more than one category?
- Of course, and we welcome it!
- Please note, however, that each innovation can only be entered into a maximum of three categories.
- Our entry system is set up to allow you to duplicate your entry so just tweak each one to be relevant to the category.
Q: Can I enter with more than one innovation?
- Yes, absolutely we want to hear about your work.
Q: When is the finalists announced?
- We make the announcement in September every year.
Q: Does it have to be commercialised or already launched?
- Not necessarily. Please check the scope of the category you wish to enter for more information.
Q: Can I add supporting materials to my submission?
- Yes, you can, and these can be photos, graphics, videos or testimonials. You may add a maximum of five files under 7MB and five files over 7MB to support your application.
- For files over 7MB please host your file on a file sharing site i.e. YouTube, Dropbox or similar and provide the link in your application.
Q: Will my submission be published in the public domain?
- Yes, the finalists and winners will be published through a variety of channels and available to the public.
Q: Can I edit my submission after it has been submitted?
- Once your submission has been completed you cannot make any edits